MESSAGE TITLE: SELF-ESTEEM AND CONTENTMENT
PREACHER: PASTOR ABRAHAM OKELEZOH
TEXT: Philippians 4:13, Romans 12:3, Eccl. 2:11, Gal. 5:22
What is self-esteem? It basically means what you think or feel about yourself, it goes a long way to affect your relationship, academic performance and other aspect of your life. How many of us wants to do well in life? Everyone wants to do well. For you to have a healthy self-esteem, you have to know who you are, where you are, where you are going and what you can do. Without the confident of knowing who you are, you can’t go far in life. Someone with a low self-esteem under-rate himself. If you don’t know who are, someone might claim you. Do you want to be claimed by the devil? When you carry yourself as the child of God, no one can claim you.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SELF-ESTEEM?
• How do you see yourself? It is your responsibility to take care of your image
• Where are you from? We are from God. The knowledge of where you are form will give you stability in life.
• You must know where you are going to in life.
• What you do as a teen in the kingdom of God? (Philippians 4:13).
A HEALTHY OR HIGH SELF-ESTEEM
A person who have high self-esteem thinks high about himself, there is no impossibility and boundaries with that person. Inappropriate self-esteem leads proudness. There is a confidence that exhumes from a high self-esteem person. A person with a high self-esteem is also a person who over-rate himself (Romans 12:3).
WHAT CAUSES LOW SEF-ESTEEM
• Passed failure and bad memory which can be cured by confronting fear.
• Unnecessary comparison (Eccl. 2:11).
• Verbal abuse and molestation.
• Hiding your gift.
WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY CONTENTMENT?
The word contentment is broken into two; content and ment (which stands for mentor). Who is your mentor? God is a mentor through His word that He has given to us. Your Bishop and parents are also mentors to us. We must retain Godly content in our lives to enjoy a beautiful life (Gal. 5:22).