MESSAGE TITLE: A COMMENDABLE WORKMAN
PREACHER: PASTOR VICTOR OSAROBOR
TEXT: John 15:16, 2 Timothy 2:16, Matthew 25:21-23, Eph. 5:11, Joshua 1:8
The word ‘commendable’ means deserving praise, reward and approval of our master (God). A ‘workman’ is a person who is employed to do a physical work. We are chosen, empowered with skill, wisdom by God to work in His ministry. There is a percentage of work that God expect from us before we can receive our reward.
WHO IS A COMMENDABLE WORKMAN?
1. Good and faithful servant who receive the praise and approval for work well done. “His lord said unto him, well done, thou good and faithful servant . . .” (Matthew 25:21).
2. A person who have been able to convert spiritual resources of anointing, grace, gift, God-given knowledge and wisdom into material things.
3. A man who does not proclaim His own gain but the gain of his master. “Most men will proclaim everyone his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?” (Proverbs 20:6).
4. A man who will not destroy the work put in his hand by his master but grows it. We are chosen to grow the work of the Lord in this ministry not to destroy it.
5. Harvesters of souls. Our work is not only the physical calling: the primary duty and responsibility is to harvest souls into the kingdom of the Lord.
6. Planter of branches and sub-branches of the ministry. The vision of the ministry is whole wide.
7. Hard workman that is able to get hard work done.
8. Increaser and not those who decrease.
9. Compliers to the rule and laws of work engagement (2 Timothy 2:5).
10. A man who will not turn his back on a sheep who is under attack by a bear but will help it. A good example is David.
11. A faithful workman whose fruit always remain (John 15:16).
12. A man who have earned the trust of this man (Genesis 18:19).
HOW CAN I BE A COMMENDABLE WORKMAN?
1. Keep your heart from the care of this world. “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23).
2. Spend quality time in God’s presence (Joshua 1:8).
3. Be transparent before your master (Gal. 2:13, Eph. 5:11).
4. Free from self-will and self-gain (John 4:34).
5. Be willing to add value to the ministry.
6. Be saddle with the responsibility to raise money for the land, the people and work of the ministry.
7. Be a ministry minded workman.
8. Growing the word of God and the apostle in your heart and the people (Acts 12:24).
9. Be honest and diligent.
10. Be regular to conferences, retreats and programs to be empowered and abreast with present truth (2 peter 1:12).
THOSE WHO WERE COMMENDED BY THE LORD
1. Jesus Christ.
2. David (Acts 13:22).
3. Joseph (Genesis 39:2-4).
4. Abraham (Genesis 18:8).