MESSAGE TITLE: FAMILY GOOD WORKS IN THE LIGHT OF GRACE
BY: EVANG. EDWIN OGHAGBON
TEXT: Ephesians 2:10, Mark 10:29-30, John 8:12, Matthew 11:29, John 4:34, Ephesians 6:18, John 15:8-16
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them” Ephesians 2:10
We are saved into this grace, we are born of God into His kingdom with one goal and purpose in the heart of God that we should manifest good works. Not just good works but good works in the light of grace.
A family is a group consisting of the parents and children; it is a unit in the society.
GOOD WORKS IN THE LIGHT OF GRACE MEANS…
A believer’s steadfastness in the light of grace assignment that enables him/her to be work out his/her salvation with fear and trembling. Everyone born of Christ has an assignment in the body and vision to fulfill.
It’s also the labour of grace a believer is born to be doing in Christ that is heavenly and earthly rewarded. “But he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life” Mark 10:30.
TYPES OF GOOD WORKS IN THE LIGHT OF GRACE
Manifesting the spirit light of life: the spirit of life and true living for character, that is the fruit of the spirit. People should see that there is life in you and that you are manifesting the light (John 8:12).
Learning and doing the will of the heavenly Father (Matthew 11:29). Learning and doing the spiritual will of God. Our spiritual meat is for us to discover the will of God – a divine purpose – and to finish His work (John 4:34).
Making continual earnest effective prayers for vision expansion. Let’s take a look at the content of some kind of prayers. It is mostly about ourselves; that is why they don’t carry much power. Earnestness brings effectiveness to prayers. And to be earnest means to be frank and maintaining your image and likeness in God. The Holy Holy spirit will move you to always pray all kind of prayers if only you are earnest (Ephesians 6:18). For every issue you have at hand, there is a suitable prayer for it.
Discover your children’s prophetic destiny and lead them to it. It’s not just to give birth to children but to cater, direct and pray for them
Winning more abiding souls to Christ (John 15:8-16)
Supporting the vision bearer to spread the vision nationally and globally
GOOD WORKS THAT ARE NOT OF GRACE
● Rendering spiritual services for prestige. We are not seeking ego or to be known; we are not promoting self; we are to decrease while Christ Jesus is to increase in us.
● Allowing your children to grow without the fear of God and man.
● Carrying your cross in Christ but murmuring later. (Proverbs 28: 28) This means doing the good things that God expects us to do but murmuring afterward. This includes paying tithes without cheer; murmuring in your heart (I Corinthians 10:10)
● Pursuing earthly pleasure and possession instead of or more than the will of God.
● Seeking to be rich through evil and wickedness (Proverbs 28:20).
EFFECTS OR OUTCOMES OF GOOD WORKS OF GRACE IN THE CHURCH AND SOCIETY
● They open the eye of the sinners to the joy and glory of the Cross of Christ.
● They move the Hand of God, that is the Holy Spirit, to draw into the Church those people that should be saved.
● They transform our destiny from the covenant of poverty to the covenant of prosperity.
EFFECTS OF GOOD WORKS THAT ARE NOT OF GRACE
● They make you and your household to be blind to the joy of the Cross of Christ.
● The society will be blinded to the way and power of the Living God (Ephesians 4:4).
● The power of darkness, wickedness and of false prophets multiplies.
● The name of the individuals, that is, believers who carry out good works but not of grace, may be missing from the Book of Life (Revelation 3:14).