MESSAGE TITLE: VISION, LOVE AND PASSION
PREACHER: EVANG. EDWIN OGHAGBON
TEXT: PROV. 29:18, Proverb 33:33, John 17:17-19, Isaiah 49:22, romans 11:1, Romans 13:10-13,
Vision is a specific work that God has called people to do for Him. Many people can quote the vision of their ministry but how many can explain to people what the vision statement is about?
WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY THE VISION STATEMENT
1. Go and teach my people that they are spirit.
How can you teach the people? You have to first buy the truth to live. What are these truths? It’s the messages of God’s servant both in audio, video and books. God’s words are original; everywhere you take it to, you must succeed because it is not a copyright. It’s our duty to get the message not just to teach but to live. Teaching what you don’t do, will not carry grace. Who are you going to teach? Go and win those to be saved, they cannot become spirit when you are not using the right material. “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth” (John 17:17).
2. Go and perfect my people.
“. . . and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me” (Isaiah 49:22). Go and impact spirit gift to my people to be established in faith.
3. Go and prepare my people for rapture.
Go and enlighten my people to be rapture conscious. We are citizens of heaven, it is our home but people often forget where they originated from. Go and strengthen my people to invest their treasure in heaven. It is good to get earthy treasure but it can easily be destroyed. Your heavenly treasure cannot be taken from you. How can you invest in heaven? when you turn many souls to righteousness, when you invest your savings to spread the gospel, when you encourage someone to be strong in the ministry. Go and teach my people to perfectly perform holiness in the house of God. “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God” (2 Cor. 7:1).
VISION ROLE AND LOVE
We are called to play a role in this vision. Everyone born of God into this ministry have a role to play in vision fulfillment. The love for the vision is to manifest the vision lifestyle. What are these lifestyles?
1. Honest living “Let us walk honestly, as in the day . . .” (Romans 13:13). When you come to the platform of honesty, your destiny or role has just begun. Honesty is living in your true self and being contented with what you have. Honesty accept the truth of God and sustain you in leadership.
CONSEQUENCES OF DISHONESTY AS A CHURCH WORKER
• It exchanges you into the image of the beast.
• It excludes you from the move and glory of God.
2. Spirit filled life (Acts 6:3, Luke 4:14). To be spirit filed means you turning daily to God’s words. Anytime you are obeying God’s word, you are being filled.
3. Dynamic in God’s wisdom (Luke 21:15).
4. Full of faith (Acts 6:8). Faith is acting on the word of God.
5. Constant fire of fervent prayer. God expect that our fire of prayer should never quench. “The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out” (Lev. 6:13).
There is no vision without life. The key to understanding the vision is for you to yield yourself to the life of the vision. If the life of the vision in you is dead, there is no vision. You will know that your vision is dead when you don’t receive results.
It’s a feeling of intensive enthusiasm towards or comparing desire for somebody or something. It’s a very powerful feeling .
KNOWLEDGE OF TRUTH THAT ACTIVATE PASSION FOR SOUL WINNING
• Knowing that God is Holy.
• Knowing the Lord is merciful and a forgiving God (Psalm 130:3-4).
• Knowing the Lord is mighty to save (Isaiah 63:1).
• Knowing the terror of the Lord.
If you have not won a soul this year, you are wicked. Christ has paid the price that is needed to be paid, all we have to do is to bring the souls back to Him.