MESSAGE TITLE: MAXIMIZING THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE
PREACHER: PASTOR LUCKY OJUH
TEXT: Eph. 5:16, 1 Corinthians 7:17, Judges. 6:14, Eph. 2:10, Mark. 10:44, John. 4:10, Mark. 10:45, Rev. 22:12, Neh. 8:10
Our consideration in this topic, is on how to maximize the opportunity we have to serve. The word maximize means; to make the most of; or get the best result or outcome possible. It also means to get the best of anything or something.
OPPORUTNITY: An appropriate time, season, in which something is to be done or carried out (Eph. 5:16).
SERVE: To render services to God in the place of your calling and assignment (1 Corinthians 7:17). Your strength to serve and do exploits is in your potentials and place. The ability of all men is in their ability to find himself (Judges. 6:14).
Therefore, Maximizing the Opportunity to Serve means to give our best and all to the service of God’s kingdom project for the purpose of advancing the influence of Jesus Christ for the salvation and transformation of lives. It means to give our utmost interest, passion and possession to the course of God’s vision. It also means to identify your place of calling and assignment in the vision and swiftly step in.
HOW TO MAXIMISE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE
1. Be willing to put God’s service first.
2. Be appreciative to God through utmost dedication and quality service
3. Be an avenue through which God’s desires are fulfilled
4. See every opportunity to serve as an opportunity to be blessed.
5. Focus your heart on the goal of service and every other thing will follow
6. Serve the lord joyfully. (Neh. 8:10)
7. Identify, incorporate and appreciate the input of others (make room for others to serve).
AIMS OF MAXIMIZING THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE
1. That God created us to lead our lives to serve the reason why He gave us life (Eph. 2:10).
2. That the significance and the fulfillment of our lives is in serving the purpose of God.
3. That service to God is an opportunity to experience God’s grace, goodness and true greatness (Mark. 10:44).
4. To help outline some of the hindrances to quality service to God (John. 4:10).
WHY WE SHOULD MAXIMIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE
1) Our earthly Life has a beginning and an end.
2) To make the most of our lives and seasons.
3) For effectiveness, quality result and relevance.
4) For God’s grace and true greatness.
WHY ITS IMPORTANT WE SERVE (Mark. 10:45)
1. We were created by God to serve His purpose.
2. Our life, purpose and potentials are useless without service.
3. Our service is a platform for divine promotion and earthly relevance.
4. Our service is an opportunity to add value, make a difference and earn a place of honour among others.
5. Salvation, godly living and God’s kingdom service are the three inevitable consideration for eternal rewards (Rev. 22:12).
WHY SOME/MANY DON’T SERVE
1. Ignorance and Pride.
2. Self-Centeredness and Self-righteousness
3. Fear of the future
4. Critical judgement of the process
5. Worldly wisdom (I am too wise or smart or intelligent to be used).
7. Quick gratification mindset
8. Divisive tendencies
9. Ungodly counsel, worldly passion, and pursuit
WHERE DO I SERVE?
1. In God’s vineyard (The church).
2. In the community / society.
3. In the family/ Household.
4. In the secular/corporate/ Business circle.
5. The place of your gift and assignment.
THE REWARD OF SERVING
1. It affords you the opportunity to live for something more and meaningful.
2. Quality leadership secrets.
3. Trans-generational blessings and godly legacy.
4. You will live a life full of God’s grace, power, prosperity, posterity and eternity with God.