Jehovah-Nissi by Bishop Dr. S. I. Okelezoh
Exodus 17: 1-15
Proverbs 18: 10
Songs of Solomon 2: 4
“And Moses built an
Exodus 17: 15.
- The Name of the Lord which is Jesus Christ is our banner. “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” – Philippians 2:9-10. “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe” – Proverbs 18:10.
- The Cross of Jesus: There is no man that runs to the cross of Jesus christ that is not saved and forgiven. The cross of Jesus is the supreme weapon that has the power to conquer the devil.
- The Word of God is our banner. The word of God in our mouth is the weapon to win any battle. “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” Ephesians 6: 16-17.
- Truth and Righteousness: It is only Righteousness that can exhort a nation.
- The Love of God. “He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.” Solomon 2:4. The love of God made Him give His only begotten Son for us (John 3:16). No matter how oceanic the water is, it can never quench the love of God for us. Nothing shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39).
- The Life of God.
- The Light of God: “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid” Matthew 5:14. We are the Light of our family. Light gives birth to light; God is Light and He gave birth to light. ” And God said, Let there be light: and there was light” Genesis 1:3.
- The Peace and Power of God